Monday, May 28, 2007

Faux Ribbon Background


I was in the mood for some fun springy/summer colors, and I love how easy the Faux Ribbon set from Papertrey Ink is to use when making backgrounds! For this card, I used SU!'s Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, and Pretty in Pink to create the background. The sentiment is in pink as well, and is mounted on black that I cut out with decorative scissors (no mega scalloped circle here). I mounted that on a Cool Caribbean giga scalloped circle that I punched around the edge. To finish, I added some matching May Arts ribbon I found locally and a small gem to the sentiment.

This was my first attempt at using dye inks with the acrylic stamps. Usually, I use either the SU! pigment inks or, more often, I use the VersaMagic chalk inks. I have to say that I really do prefer the pigment or chalk inks for coverage, but with practice, i think I'll like the dye inks as well.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love this card. Great job! I might have to case this with my ribbon stamps I had to have but have not used yet.